Thursday, March 19, 2009

Best pot roast T has ever had!

I guess that would be the name of this dish. T was very happy with the outcome. I didn't mind it either but I guess I am still not a total pot roast fan.

All I did was:

Bought a chuck roast (I think that's what it was - it's about 8 or so inches long), I cut it in half and froze half. The other half I...

put it on a plate and put a steak seasoning, onion powder and garlic salt rub all over it. Then rub generously with brown sugar. Put in a ziplock bag with Worcestorshire Sauce to marinate. Marinate for at least 6 hours.

In crockpot, put carrots and celery cut into 2" pieces, sweet onion quartered and whatever other veggie you prefer. In skillet, sear roast on all sides quickly then place in crockpot. Add two bay leaves and one cup tomato juice. Cook on low heat 10 - 12 hours or high heat for 6 - 7 hours.

At the end of preparation, if gravy needs to be thicker, place meat on plate - cover, place veggies on a plate - cover, take left over sauce, place in sauce pan. In a small cup, place 1 TBSP of flour and 3 TBSP of sauce. Mix. Slowly add back to sauce. This should thicken it and make a thicker gravy.

My mashed potatoes was a ranch/mozzerella mashed potato. I did red potatoes, peeled. When boiled til tender, drain and add ranch dressing (eyeball it to make it moist..you can always add more), spray butter, and moz cheese. Mash well and serve with above gravy (which is AWESOME - I loved the gravy). ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment